A shared CPanel Web hosting package is recommended to businesses and individuals that expect a minimal volume of traffic during the first few months of operating their websites. These shared CPanel Web hosting packages are more inexpensive than dedicated CPanel Web hosting plans. It is also simpler to operate the CPanel software compared to other control panel applications integrated in other Web hosting subscription types. There are also a lot of useful scripts and applications that are integrated into the CPanel software, such as scripts for quickly and easily installing WordPress and mailing list management subscription scripts, Web forum templates and video streaming themes among others. Here are some steps you must take to ensure that you get the best shared CPanel Web hosting package for your particular needs and specifications:
1. Compare your traffic estimates against the Web server hardware and bandwidth resources you need. If you intend to run a lot of Web applications in your websites that will be simultaneously used by a lot of viewers, then you need powerful Web server hardware resources. These include the processor and RAM modules of your Web server. This also requires sufficient bandwidth resources. A video streaming website will also need similar hardware and bandwidth resources. Data storage space is also crucial for these types of websites, so strike a balance between your traffic and onsite viewer activity estimates and the hardware and bandwidth resources available in the Web server where your shared CPanel Web hosting account is attached. This will also allow you to get the most suitable hardware and bandwidth resources for your websites. Also keep in mind that you should consider shared CPanel Web hosting packages that can be upgraded when the time comes that you need better hardware and bandwidth resources, especially when you start getting more traffic and onsite viewer activity workload than what you projected.
2. Check if the Web hosting company actually delivers the uptime guarantee that’s bundled with the shared CPanel Web hosting package you want. You can do this by contacting their existing customers to ask them about their relevant experience in using the Web hosting company’s shared CPanel Web hosting packages. You can also do this by subscribing for a shared CPanel Web hosting plan where the Web hosting company offers a 30-day or a 60-day money back guarantee. This way, you can experience first hand if the Web hosting company truly implements their guarantees and features into their services and shared CPanel Web hosting packages.
3. Check if the shared CPanel Web hosting plan you want is already bundled with Web server maintenance and management services. This will ensure that the Web server where your shared CPanel Web hosting account is attached will be regularly checked, maintained and managed by IT professionals with years of experience in Web hosting and Web development. This will also ensure that issues and problems can be quickly and easily fixed and resolved by the IT staff of the Web hosting company.
4. Check the responsiveness and accessibility of the Web hosting company’s customer and technical support departments. You can do this by contacting their support agents through all the contact options they offer, such as phone support, helpdesk ticket support, live Web chat support and email support. Inquire about their different shared CPanel Web hosting subscription plans. Ask their technical support agents if their shared CPanel Web hosting packages are implemented with support for many Web programming language modules, in case you intend to integrate Web applications into your websites which will be hosted under the shared CPanel Web hosting plan you want.
5. List down freebies, rewards and incentives that may be offered by the Web hosting company with their shared CPanel Web hosting packages. Some Web hosting companies offer free Google Adwords and Facebook PPC (Pay Per Click) credits. These free credits will be useful in advertising and promoting your websites. Now, here are some details about the CPanel software, so you can maximize the benefits you can get from its integrated features:
There is a section in CPanel where you can easily enter and manage the settings of your primary domain and several add-on domains, though in entering multiple add-on domains, check if your shared CPanel Web hosting plan is bundled with unlimited domains. “Unlimited domains” simply means you can enter an unlimited number of domains that you have registered with accredited domain registrars. This section can also be used to create and manage sub domains.
Another section in CPanel can be used to create, organize and manage databases. These usually include MySQL and PHPMyAdmin databases. The associations, user access privileges and configurations or settings of each database of your websites can also be modified and managed in this section. There is also a set of features in this section where you can create backup copies of your database or configure regular backup schedules for your databases and websites.
A file management section in CPanel can help you quickly and easily upload and download files to and from the directories of the websites hosted in your Web server. These normally include FTP (File Transfer Protocol) account management features among other file management options integrated into CPanel.
Another CPanel section is where you can create and manage email accounts for each of your domains (primary, add-on and sub domains). You can set passwords and the data storage capacity allocated to each email account. This is also the section where you can configure the anti-spam filters provided by CPanel.
A large section of CPanel is where a number of scripts and applets are available. You can use these different scripts and applets to extend the functionalities of your websites. There are descriptions included in this section for each script or applet that can guide you in the benefits each script or applet can provide.
Considering the things mentioned above will ensure that you get the best shared CPanel Web hosting plan from a reliable Web hosting company. Of course, compare the different prices of these shared CPanel Web hosting packages until you get the value you need for your time and money, though keep in mind that the beneficial returns that can be offered by the Web hosting company with their shared CPanel Web hosting subscription plan should come as a priority. Also, remember to check if the Web hosting company or the Web server where your shared CPanel Web hosting account will be attached has yet to be blacklisted by popular search engines, because this will negatively affect your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) campaigns for your websites. Search engines blacklist the IP addresses of Web servers and the domains of websites associated to those blacklisted Web servers due to illegitimate SEO campaigns and spamming.